[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rui Correia <rds underscore correia at mailshack dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: What's the minimum soekris specs to run 1.2b7?
 Date:  Tue, 10 May 2005 11:12:34 +0000 (UTC)
Rui Correia <rds_correia <at> mailshack.com> writes:

> This weekend I'll try to find sometime to get me a null modem
> cable and see if I can upgrade the net4521 BIOS.
> Anyway thank you so much for your help.
> Happy m0n0walling :)
>
> Cheers

Hi Brett,

Sorry for the delay but I was lazy and I only bought the
null modem cable yesterday.
Before that, in the last few days, I have been noticing that
some web pages take a lot of time to show 100% done.
Meaning that these pages are 99% downloaded but that there's
something missing like maybe a small picture.
That has been easily overcome by pushing the GO button on the
web browser (FireFox) again.
Downloads are doing fine for a 128/128 cable link.
Meaning that using 1.2b7 I have been able to pull downloads
at 17KB/s as I usually have been able running 1.11.
But the web browsing problem is really bugging my mind.
As said, I got the null modem cable and upgraded the net4521
from 1.15 to 1.26 (or was it 1.26a?).
But the results are the same.
But it's now much better than some weeks ago.
Maybe the cable change has to do with the improovements.
On the other hand I've read that FreeBSD 5.3 has some
networking issues that weren't present in 4.11 and that will
most probably be solved on 5.4.
Could it have something to do with this?
As always, TIA for any help anybody can give me.

Cheers