[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carlos_Ros=E1rio?= <carlos dot rosario at netcabo dot pt>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "'Michael Mee'" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Wireless Access Point with M0n0wall
 Date:  Tue, 10 May 2005 01:48:00 -1000
> Also, running  dual CM9 cards might avoid this completely anyway - I
> *think* the
> powersave mode bug only applies to prism (and possibly Orinoco)-based
> chipsets.  (Jim, do you know?)

I think that your assumption is correct (that the PS bug doesn't affect
Atheros-based cards.)

But I don't think you can run an Orinoco card in 'hostap' mode with the
wi driver though, since the Lucent/Orinoco/Agere firmware  for the
Hermes chipset doesn't implement a 'hostap' mode.  (You have to
download a tertiary f/w image to the card to get it (the card) to act
as an AP.)   (Such support doesn't exist in 4.11, AFAIK.)

I can't reproduce the PS bug on the wi driver in 6.0 (-current).  I
have yet to try 5.4 (I just put the 5.4 based box up late last week.)

Jim