[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Blake <bmagic at cccwireless dot net>
 To:  Simon Dick <simond at irrelevant dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Gotta be a Solution!!!
 Date:  Tue, 10 May 2005 11:49:53 -0500
Simon Dick wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 00:56 -1000, Jim Thompson wrote:

>>>Can't bridge an interface that has an IP, and the LAN has to have an
>>>IP for various reasons.  You also have to have a WAN and a LAN
>>>interface.
>>>

>>seems like it would be nice if m0n0 could use the bridge interface for
>>assigning the IP
>>address.
>>

>Definitely, there's no technical reason it can't as I've done that with
>freebsd itself in the past

Chris answered my question. It's all done with config.xml. Nothing in
the GUI has this option but if you specify one IP for one interface and
then manually bridge them all it should work.

<shellcmd>sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=sis0 ath0 ath1</shellcmd>

That is the solution

Thans everyone for your help!!

-Blake-