[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  'Lee Azzarello' <lee dot azzarello at ps dash solved dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] internal office space.
 Date:  Tue, 10 May 2005 19:08:07 +0200
-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Azzarello [mailto:lee dot azzarello at ps dash solved dot com]
Sent: dinsdag 10 mei 2005 18:56
To: m0n0wall list

This thing looks really cool although I don't have one. Nice big antenna
and weatherproof. Word up.
http://metrix.net/metrix/products/packages/MET-KIT-MARK-I.html

-lee

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 13:59 -0700, nick at blwebsolutions dot com wrote:
> Hi Gang - I've been searching for certain posts that pertain to my
scenario and
> have come up a bit empty handed with a lot of convoluted information.
>
> Scenario:  I currently have a net4801 soekris box, cable i-net and 4000
sq. feet
> of space.  I'm trying to determine the base methodogly for setting up a
wireless
> access point utilizing the net4801 box.  There aren't any walled
partitions
> (i.e. cement / stucko / drywall) for about 3000 of the 4000 sq. foot lot.
> was planning on running cat5e from the cable modem to the sokeris box in
the
> middle of the room through the rafters, and then having the AP push its
> spectrum from there.  What wireless card combo would you recommend
sticking in
> the 4801 box?  And as far as antenna's are concerened do you have any
> recommendations?  Thank You for your time and sorry if this sounds like a
newb.
> question.  -Nick

Hmm, not sure how this would help...

Seems like a replacement for the 4801 instead of an additional WiFi-card.

Joa

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER

any computer.