[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Lagreca <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 To:  "courtney dot harding at direcway dot com" <courtney dot harding at direcway dot com>
 Cc:  Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on Nokia
 Date:  Tue, 10 May 2005 16:05:28 -0700
Courtney,

I have successfully installed m0n0wall on an Nokia IP 110.  Its a
fairly simple task.  You use the generic-pc image.

You get around the MAC problems by using the <spoofmac></spoofmac>
tags in the xml file.  The following is an example:

<lan>
<if>fxp1</if>
<spoofmac>00:00:24:c1:4f:e1</spoofmac>
<ipaddr>192.168.1.1</ipaddr>
<subnet>24</subnet>
</lan>

Two friend of mine wrote great pages explaining how to convert Nokia
110's to m0n0walls:

http://socalfreenet.org/nokiaip110
or
http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/nokia/ip110.html

Both sites are un-finished, but contain enough information for you to
figure the rest out.

Another great resource is the IRC channel #m0n0wall on the freenode
network.  CMB is usually in there, and is very knowledgeable.

Let me know if you need any help.

Joe

On 5/10/05, courtney dot harding at direcway dot com <courtney dot harding at direcway dot com> wrote:
> I did a search but I did not come up with what version of the m0n0wall they used or what image, I
do see that people have problems with the mac address.