[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  Andrew Cotter <andrew dot cotter at somersetcapital dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on Nokia
 Date:  Tue, 10 May 2005 19:40:34 -0400
I have m0n0wall 1.2b7 running on that exact hardware (RL50/IP330) without
any problems. Just use the normal PC m0n0wall image, and be aware that
you'll have to hard code MAC addresses for each of the thee interfaces; the
procedure is described elsewhere. You can just make up MACs, as long as
they're unique within the network to which each NIC is connected.

I wanted to use the real MAC addrs (for the sake of purity :-), so I used
the factory-installed software image, booted to the BOOTMGR prompt, and
typed "sysinfo" to see the real MACs of each interface. BTW, I the image I
used is "IPSO-3.2.1-fcs1-11.24.1999-102644-849.tgz", available from
driverguide.com <http://driverguide.com>.

-klode