[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Charlie Barker" <CharlieBarker at RedlineSoftware dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Visible Natted IP address
 Date:  Wed, 11 May 2005 12:15:51 +0100
They use Javascript in your browser to pass your private IP back to the
server.

I can't think of any situations when knowing someones internal IP Address
would be useful to a hacker. It is not helpful in compromising a NAT Router
/ Firewall. Once an attacker has compromised a NAT Router / Firewall it is
easy for him to find hosts on the private network.