[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eric Collins <eric at tawifi dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Credit Card billing
 Date:  Mon, 09 May 2005 13:06:30 -0700
Well the system we are working on interfaces directly to a MySQL
database that Radius reads from, from there we authorize directly with
Authorize.net's API method for credit card verification, all done in
PHP. But right now we are still fleshing out the code so its not in
production yet. Adding PayPal will be trivial in most cases.

Mike Mentges wrote:

> Why not just create a subscription based portal page and use pay-pal
> for the billing...? Utilize the captive portal to force them to the
> paypal screen. Of course this will require you to do some manual DB
> stuff somewhere along the lines to add users who are paid to your
> Radius DB..
>
> You could use monthly or weekly subscription rates. Problem comes
> around on the back end and your involvement in the entire process so
> that might not work... I would be interested to see what the
> "work-in-progress" is...
>
> Just my random thoughts..
> Great product!!
> Mike
>
> Eric Collins wrote:
>
>> Jim Wang wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering whether anybody has interfaced the monowall with a
>>> credit card billing system such as that of a typical wireless
>>> hotspot application.  Details would be much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Jim.

>> We are currently developing one right now, but if anyone else has a
>> solution already built I would love to see it too!

Eric Collins
Sr Network Administrator
Tawifi.com

Downtown Tucson WiFi Network