[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Gary <gary at kryptic dash x dot com>
 To:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Syslogd Help
 Date:  Sat, 14 May 2005 10:02:33 -0400
Well basically, i didnt have to do anything to the syslog.conf file. I
left it as it was.  I opened port 514 for UDP so that m0n0wall could
'see' that computer, and then i edited the /etc/newsyslog.conf file just
so that it would log in the format i wanted it to. That step is only if
you want to change the logs- its not necessary. Then I killed the
syslogd process on the freebsd box, and re-ran it with my switches:
/usr/sbin/syslogd -m 0 -a [insert mono IP]

Then check your logs under: /var/log/messages and they should all be in
there.

Hope that does the trick!
Gary