[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Li" <ericli222 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  cannot connect to lan after install
 Date:  Sat, 14 May 2005 16:28:03 +0100
Hi,

I'm a newbie to m0n0 and need some help with a new install with a generic-pc
img.

PC: Laptop Compaq M300 with onboard Intel Pro 100 ethernet (82557), no other
NIC connected

After the install I cannot ping outside from the m0n0 pc, neither can I ping
to the m0n0 box from another pc.

After a reboot the console says (not sure if this helps or not):
   LAN IP address: 192.168.1.1
   Port configuration:
   LAN -> sis0
   WAN -> sis1

I have tried 1.11 and currently on 1.2b7, no success with both, when I tried
the new ping host feature in the beta I get:

192.168.1.1 (default ip of the local m0n0 box)
    ping: sendto: No route to host

192.168.1.10 (another pc)
    ping: sendto: No route to host

127.0.0.1
    64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq_0 ttl=64 time=0.191ms

Is there any debug shell I can login to other than the console menu, that
will allow me to do some more testing of the install? Currently I can't
access anything other than the console menu.

I had ipcop on it previously, and the lan was working fine, so i think the
hardwares like cable/lan card are working properly

Many thanks in advance!

eric

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters