[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Syslogd Help
 Date:  Sun, 15 May 2005 16:12:06 -0400
On 5/15/05, Ron Rosson <ron at oneinsane dot net> wrote:
> I have been looking into doing this as well but I would like m0n0wall to log
> to its own files and not the files that the syslog server would be logging
> for itself. Is this possible without having to replace syslog with
> syslog-ng.
>
> -Ron
>
> P.S. For some reason me and syslog-ng never got along when it came to
> configs.

syslog-ng is actually very simple once you figure out how to do it.  I
have a couple working setups like that.  I'll document that maybe
sometime this week if I can hopefully get around to it.

I'm sitting in an airport in Canada right now, heading home from
BSDCan, hence my relative silence the past week.  But I'll be back in
full force in a few days after I get caught up.  :)  It was a great
conference.

I'll throw an example working .conf on my website this week at least,
if I can't do better than that.

-Chris