[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brett Krueger <sigterm at rootednetworks dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Syslogd Help
 Date:  Sun, 15 May 2005 12:12:02 -1000
Ron:
	What unix/linux distro are you using to log the files to?
usually a linux distro's syslog is: syslogd -m 0 -r
and that will receive syslog events from other servers, etc.
syslog-ng is good but true, its a pain sometimes to config.
And you can just put a rule into syslog.conf to catch the incoming
messages and put them in their own file as well.

!m0n0wall		/var/log/m0n0.log

all syslog.conf is , in general is a filter for raw logs to go somewhere.

-brett