[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dr. Nadine Besson <nadibes at yahoo dot fr>
 To:  norman at azadian dot ch
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Re: [m0n0wall] How to install m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 16 May 2005 11:44:31 +0200
Hi Norman,
thanks for your reply.

> Like mailing lists anywhere, sometimes you'll get immediate expert help
> which solves your problem perfectly, sometimes you'll get some pointers and
> things to look at, and sometimes you'll get only silence.  I'd say that's
> pretty good considering the price you're not paying.  Anybody who requires
> personal support probably shouldn't be using a Do-It-Yourself project like
> m0n0wall.

I have looked at m0n0wall not because it was free software but there was no
router available for a reasonable price that allows me to do what I wanted
to do. I just wanted to say that its hard to get information about m0n0wall
in general and traffic shaping in my special case. Please correct me if I am
not right by showing me websites that explain what I need to do (see my enquiry
"Help with traffic shaping needed" (May 15):

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_threads&actionargs[]=200505

> I don't know much about traffic shaping; I just ran the wizard and then
> tweaked the results to provide more throughput for my P2P.  Maybe you could
> try something similar.  Listing your exact requirements is nice, but it
> would be better to say what you tried and then ask why that didn't work.

I do not use P2P software, I just want to dedicate a certain amount of bandwidth
to a certain IP while releasing it to the other IPs if its not used. This is not
possible with the wizard, I tried this already. It will share the bandwidth
evenly on the LAN and will give higher priority to protocols rather than to IPs.
Thats almost the opposite I want. I need to define a QoS with m0n0wall and I am
looking for information or even personal help on that case.

Salut,
Nadine