[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Dr. Nadine Besson'" <nadibes at yahoo dot fr>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: Re: [m0n0wall] How to install m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 16 May 2005 13:53:08 +0100
> I do not use P2P software, I just want to dedicate a certain
> amount of bandwidth to a certain IP while releasing it to the
> other IPs if its not used. This is not possible with the
> wizard, I tried this already. It will share the bandwidth
> evenly on the LAN and will give higher priority to protocols
> rather than to IPs.

I think this can be done in the more recent versions of FBSD ("borrowing"
from other pipes, etc.), but I'm not sure it can be done in m0n0 as it
currently stands. Hopefully as newer versions of the FBSD tools work their
way into m0n0 such a thing will be possible.

I can certainly see this as being very useful as VoIP becomes more and more
commonplace. Being able to define a separate set of pipes for VoIP which can
reserve, say 70kb of up/down bandwidth, but also be able to release it to a
general pipe when no VoIP traffic is running would be very helpful.

Regards,

Chris