[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Dr. Nadine Besson'" <nadibes at yahoo dot fr>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] commercial offerings
 Date:  Mon, 16 May 2005 14:00:48 +0100
> Getting no support or RTFM! replies from "senior master
> teachers" in the mailinglist (which are both useless) is time
> consuming and can be quite frustrating.

Thing is, most people on the list have to make a living. For the majority
I'd say that's probably with full-time paying jobs, which means time
available for answering questions on the mailing list is limited. Then
there's the time difference issue. I'm in the UK. By the look of your email
address you're in France? Mailing list members are scattered across the
world in all manner of different time zones. That means replying to a post
as quickly as you'd like isn't always going to happen.

When a service (the mailing list) is provided free of charge, one does not
have the right to *expect* a reply. When people reply to one's posts it
should be considered a blessing.

> In my (former) case (see my yesterdays email) I need a simple
> email with a few sentences that explains me which
> Pipes,Queues and Rules I have to set to shape my personal
> traffic profile.

Unfortunately it's quite a complex subject and depends heavily on your exact
requirements. I've found the best approach is to give the wizard a go, then
modify what it comes out with. It really is a question of trial and error.

Regards,

Chris