[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] register DHCP leases in DNS forwarder with static MAC assignment
 Date:  Mon, 16 May 2005 14:40:29 +0100
The simplest solution is to just add the static IP clients' host + domain +
ip to the override section on the DNS Forwarder page. It's also quite a good
way to add DNS aliases for commonly used services. I define things like
"proxy" as a DNS alias for whichever machine is currently running Squid -
means I can move machines around in the network without having to constantly
update configs on all client machines.

Regards,

Chris