[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike Mentges <mmentges at gstisecurity dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Syslog
 Date:  Mon, 16 May 2005 11:36:23 -0400
I have been testing both m0n0wall and PFSense on my home lan and have
found some things from each that are very nice. I was wondering what the
possibilities were to setup the syslogging on the m0n0wall similar to
that done by pfsense. On the PFsense gui it seems they have broken the
logs up in to each specific log so for example when I want to see the
logs for my IPsec tunnels I just go to the IPsec tab in the log section
and boom it displays only the ipsec logs. That is nice. Does m0n0wall
have the same ability and if not can it be considered for future releases?
Since it is not a current feature has anyone setup syslog or even better
syslog-ng to capture the logs and create separate logfiles from the m0n0
output? Can you share the conf files? I can get syslog-ng to grab data
but it puts it in weird format all in one file and it is a PIA to parse.
Thanks in advance!

Mike Mentges
Security Engineer/Architect

PS... Both m0n0 and pfsense are great products keep up the good work!!