[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thorsten Zenker" <zenker at go dash z dot org>
 To:  "'Chris Bagnall'" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] register DHCP leases in DNS forwarder with static MAC assignment
 Date:  Mon, 16 May 2005 21:42:18 +0200
Bingo! Thank you. Thorsten

Von: m0n0wall-return-16649-zenker=go dash z dot org at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
[mailto:m0n0wall-return-16649-zenker=go dash z dot org at lists dot m0n0 dot ch] Im Auftrag von
Chris Bagnall
Gesendet: Montag, 16. Mai 2005 14:40
An: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Betreff: RE: [m0n0wall] register DHCP leases in DNS forwarder with static
MAC assignment

The simplest solution is to just add the static IP clients' host + domain +
ip to the override section on the DNS Forwarder page. It's also quite a good
way to add DNS aliases for commonly used services. I define things like
"proxy" as a DNS alias for whichever machine is currently running Squid -
means I can move machines around in the network without having to constantly
update configs on all client machines.

Regards,

Chris