[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Sierchio <kudzu at tenebras dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Help with traffic shaping needed
 Date:  Mon, 16 May 2005 15:26:38 -0700
Chris Bagnall wrote:

> Can some kind soul explain why even when I have queues defined as follows:
> High Priority	weight: 80
> Regular		weight: 19
> Bulk		weight: 1
>
> BitTorrent transfers (which end up in the "bulk" queue) still end up
> destroying any hope of an audible VoIP call?

Perhaps you need to make the queues smaller -- again, unless the higher
weight (WEIGHT IS NOT PRIORITY! WEIGHT IS NOT PRIORITY! WEIGHT IS NOT PRIORITY!)
queue is full, the weights are irrelevant.

Queues need to be of appropriate size, sharing a pipe of appropriate size,
and you need a full set of each in each direction.