[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Wang <jim dot wang at troposnetworks dot com>
 To:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Max number of reported users on a m0n0.
 Date:  Mon, 16 May 2005 19:48:39 -0700
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response.  My answers below.

Thanks,

Jim.

Jim Thompson wrote:

> On May 16, 2005, at 4:32 PM, Jim Wang wrote:
>
>> What's the highest reported number of simultaneous users on a m0n0wall?
>

> This is one of those "how long is a rope" style questions.   What are
> your "simultaneous users" doing, which hardware are you running on, etc?

JIM:  Wireless clients connected to a citywide wireless network.  We're
going to be evaluating it on a net4801.  If all looks good it'll be
installed on a 1U Dell Rack Mount Server, but what are your suggestions.

>>  Has anybody compared the m0n0wall with a MikroTik router?
>

> mikrotik is linux.   'nuff said.

JIM:  Hmm.  OK :-)

> .

JIM:  Has anybody used the m0n0 under a WISP application and
authenticated to Airpath.  Here's a description from Airpath's website
of what they do.

Airpath is the preferred OSS and Roaming hosted solutions provider for
wireless ISPs, service providers, network providers and systems
integrators focused on wireless broadband services delivery for
metropolitan area networks and venues-- from hotel chains to airports to
cafes and campgrounds. Airpath-enabled carriers are able to quickly
negotiate, activate and settle roaming agreements with other carriers.
Airpath is making the fragmented nature of wireless broadband
availability a thing of the past.