[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marco Fandel <fandelmarco at yahoo dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problem with newer beta version
 Date:  Tue, 17 May 2005 16:32:45 +0200 (CEST)
Hello,

I'm new to this mailing list, so Hi all :-)

I set up m0n0wall 1.11 on an old PIII 350Mhz, 128Mb, won't boot from CD but does fine from HD. As I
found several problems I now try the betas, but these in VMware (ESX 2.1.1 and Workstation 4.5) No
problems with the stable version, but when I try the beta versions, they are slow, sometimes
booting, sometimes not... This is true for CD and HD version, and the problem occures for the
version 1.2b5 and up. So version 1.2b3 is still fine. Could anyone point out what the difference is
between these two that won't allow to run it in VMware? Or will that problem affect the physical
machine too? (It's quite a pain to install it on that machine, involves ripping out the disk, taking
to friend, installing... you get the picture...)

Thanks

CU

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB kostenlosem Speicher