[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Greg Padberg <padbergg at eesd33 dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RBL and tarpitting features
 Date:  Wed, 18 May 2005 13:14:18 -0400
I know from the past four months of reading posts on this list server,
the intent and direction of m0n0wall is to be a firewall, clean and
simple.

But with respect to your question, one of the thoughts I've had
rolling around in my head, but just don't know how to implement would
be something on the order of a dual-homed proxy in-line, directly
behind m0n0wall, acting as a smtp/http proxy of sorts with tarpitting,
RBL and squid. This is probably a tall order though.

internet---m0n0wall----proxy----lan

I know there are config's out there like censornet for this kind of
layout, but censornet runs on a pc.

I am wondering about m0n0-BSD on a small soekris (clone) for space
savings and least number of services.

just a thought

-Don