[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nans Delrieu <delrieu dot nans at laposte dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall, traffic during authentication in clear ? ; IPSEC and PPTP section ?
 Date:  Wed, 18 May 2005 21:02:49 +0200
Hello, i have just tested monowall and i would like to tell
Congratulations !!

I think it is a very good software. I have lots of questions.

1. Is there a  way to protect the first communication between a client
and the gateway ??
Example : At first , a client must login to monowall, he gives his login
and password but it is not https.
The login and the password is clear on the network.
If someone listen to the network he can see easily all the traffic,
consequently he can see login/password.

2. I would like to know if monowall can be a pptp server or a vpn server ??
If not, what's are the role of IPSEC and PPTP section ??

Thanks for all

Nans