[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thomas Sprinzing <thomas at sprinzing dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  openVPN woes
 Date:  Thu, 19 May 2005 00:27:48 +0200
Hi there.
First of all a big congrats for you programmers for making such a
beautiful software. This is definitely one of the best packages out there.

As i need a small, budget, and cool VPN appliance to be sitting right in

Situation: roadwarriors and VPN-gate behind NAT boxes, need encryption
due to sensitive information being transmitted, no-clue and no time to
learn-type users where the box will go. mac and pc clients as roadwarriors.

So i will/have to go for OpenVPN.

I'm testing m0n0 1.2.7b on a wrapboard.

I'm trying to connect from XP - but the router cant connect back.

At the moment i'm totally stuck in a rut - could you please help me out
on how to set up:

the VPN fields
  WAN IF 192.168.0.171/24 static
  LAN 192.168.1.241/24 static (...241 = router)   here i want to go from
outside

the NAT rules
the Firewall rules

i want to use plain vanilla openVPN 2 on UDP 1194

Thanks folks !