[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thorsten Ziep <Thorsten dot Ziep at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DHCP over IPSec
 Date:  Thu, 19 May 2005 07:23:25 +0200
Greetings to the community!

Here is my problem:

I was trying to set up an IPSec connection to my home office (road
warrior scenario, using DynDNS) using M0n0wall at the one side and the
Sentinel Client (the free one, OS W2k) on the mobile side. While
establishing the tunnel works pretty fine within only a few minutes of
work (congratulations to the programmers for the famous GUI), trying to
use DHCP over IPsec does not work. Currently I am using M0n0wall vers.
1.1, so here are my questions:

1. Does an upgrade of the M0n0wall firmware to 1.2xb possibly solve this
'problem' ?
2. I was searching the FAQ and the archive for DHCP over IPSec. There
was a similar request a while ago but without any response so far. Does
anyone have a 'How-to' for DHCP over IPSec ?
3. Do I need to have special settings (maybe open ports) to allow DHCP
over IPSec ?

Thanks in advance, Thorsten