[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem allowing in-bound traffic
 Date:  Thu, 19 May 2005 16:53:29 -0400
On 5/19/05, Marino, Frank <frank dot marino at velocitawireless dot com> wrote:
> I am new to m0n0wall and am having difficulty in allowing traffic to pass
> through the firewall.  I have a fairly basic setup described below:

<snip>

> When I try to open an SSH session, it fails.

All outbound traffic from the LAN gets NAT'ed by default, which breaks
connectivity to the LAN hosts by private IP from the WAN side
(typically this behavior isn't desirable).  You'll either need to use
inbound NAT to the LAN server and ssh to the m0n0wall WAN IP, or
enable advanced outbound NAT, so packets from LAN to that IP don't get
NAT'ed.

-Chris