[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Niels_Chr._S=F8rensen?= <niels at powerline dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Building a wireless link - transparent
 Date:  Sat, 21 May 2005 00:24:30 +0200
Hi,

I would love to use 2 soekris boards (net4526) with M0n0wall as 802.11a
accesspoints in a transparent wireless link.

Setup:

WAN -> |[eth0] #Soekris1# [Ath0]| ~~ Wireless ~~ |[ath0] #Soekris2# [eth0]|
-> LAN

eg. Soekris1[eth0] is assigned a public IP in a range and all clients on LAN
should be able to assign a public IP while connected to Soekris2[eth0].

I have the boards up and running on beta 1.2b7 after a hairy PXE boot
session (notes available if anyone needs to do this).

I am able to set the Atheros 5213 cards in hostap mode and can see them
(after issuing a secret ifconfig command on the /exec.php page) on my
labtop.

However it seems impossible to bridge LAN and WAN. Why?

Also, which "wifi" mode should I use for best performance since WDS is not
an option?

Any help greatly apressiated - otherwise i'll have to do like the rest - buy
the starOS - I would really hate to have to do that!!!

/Niels