 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Syslogd Help
 Date:  Sun, 22 May 2005 21:22:18 +0200
On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 23:36, Anders Hagman wrote:
> Hi
>

> > But doesn't that entry you have below cause it to log in /var/log/messages
> > as well as the log you have defined?
>
> Here is my working syslog.conf:

I took my default FC1 config and added the following lines, but it
didn't work.

As the first line i the file:

> # First you restrict the logging to the localhost by use of the "+@"
> +@

and as the last lines (of course with my adress of the m0n0wall):

> # Here is the firewall log
> +soekris.halleforshunden.org
> *.*                                             /var/log/firewall.log
> # END

But now I end up with m0n0wall entries scattered around the
fileserver-logs /var/log/messages etc, and /var/log/firewall.log
containing eerything from the firewall and the fileserver

What could be wrong?