[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Anastasija Bosiha" <anastasija dot bosiha at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  default firewall rule
 Date:  Mon, 23 May 2005 14:08:13 +0300
Hello to All!

About 1 month I'm using m0n0wall, and I had following problem. Our LAN
( have two gateways/routers:
- one for Internet (
- second (192.168.254) for tunneling to another office. Second office has

I------------------I ---- (m0n0wall)
I ( I                               I -------------I
I------------------I ---- -----------I  I
                                                   I -------------I
All computers from network have as default router has static route for network to

So problems are following:
1. Computers from network cannot access to
network resources. For example computer try to connect to computer. When comp recievs packet from
comp, it send reply through, and m0n0wall blocks this packet
because of default firewall rule 19:

@18 skip 1 in proto tcp from any to any flags S/FSRA
@19 block in log quick proto tcp from any to any

How I can modify firewall default ruleset or make network as
trusted network, so that packets from this network will never blocked?

2. If on computer in network is installed Windows XP SP 2,
and Windows firewall is on, then this computer cannot access to
network resources.
But I think that this problem is will be solved as soon as I will solve
first problem.