[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Lawson" <alawson at calhost dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Ditching Cisco - Is m0n0wall router/firewall combo good for production use?
 Date:  Mon, 23 May 2005 10:10:25 -0700
I have a Cisco router and a broken PIX firewall.

Tell me- if I use VLAN's and need firewalling, would a m0n0wall
router/firewall combo deal be possible? I need 802.11q support and the
ability to route single IPs on other segments to VLAN's (I do this now via
IP route x.x.x.x x.x.x.x sub.net.ma.sk vlanID and it works great NOW. But I
don't have firewall protection which is, well, very very bad. I would
continue using Cisco but I realized what a gigabit card/port would cost and
about gagged.

Is this possible (VLAN's on m0-m0wall)? How does it perform for those of you
who use VLAN's? If experiences are good, I may end up giving this a trial
run. Thanks for your input!

--
Adam Lawson
Support Engineer; Lincoln / Sacramento