[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Will Dyson <will dot dyson at gmail dot com>
 To:  Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] I don't want to go back using Cisco....
 Date:  Tue, 24 May 2005 01:55:44 -0400
On 5/23/05, Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Routing is working on OPT1 and i am able to use internet on a server on OPT1.
> But when i try to creatre a PPTP vpn to my home it is blocked and
> there are no logs in log file.
>
> Any suggestions? I'm never worked with Tcpdump so it will be hard for
> me to investigate this problem.
>
> Any help appriciated.

Suggestions:

Consider posting your config file (elide your passwords and whatnot).

Try another pptp server in place of the cisco, to make sure that it is
an effect caused by the m0n0wall router, and not just the cisco being
broken.

Learn to use ethereal. A packet analyser can save you hours of
frustrating head scratching.

--
Will Dyson