[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] If it works?
 Date:  Tue, 24 May 2005 12:56:39 -0400
On 5/24/05, Kaz <kaz at roleplayershome dot net> wrote:
> I'm currently running version 1.11 of m0n0wall, and I'm very pleased with
> it. It works like a charm and it is very stable. It does what I need, and
> it does it well.
>
> Are there ANY reason at all for someone like me to upgrade to latest
> version?

not really

> Would I gain better performance?

no.  In fact far worse with b5-b7.

> Higher stability?

no.

> Better
> administration?

Yes.  There are GUI improvements in the beta versions that make
dealing with rules a lot easier.  Though I would imagine you don't
have many rules, and probably don't touch them often if at all, so
that's probably irrelevant.

> I usually don't upgrade anything unless I'm having some sort of problems,
> but seeing as I'm fairly new to m0n0wall and have yet to grasp the full
> scope of this product, I thought I would ask.  :o)

I'd leave well enough alone if you don't want to play with the latest
and greatest features, most of which are probably irrelevant for your
setup.

-Chris