[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marco Fandel <fandelmarco at yahoo dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Configuration for VNC
 Date:  Wed, 25 May 2005 09:15:48 +0200 (CEST)
Hello,

I already tried this in Release 1.1, now I'm using 2.3... Same Problems :-(

So what I got is the following:

Internet - ADSL Router (PC1) - Monowall - Hub (PC2)

The ADSL Router is a Zyxel Prestige 600 including WLAN
  subnet: 192.168.1.0/24
  Ip: 192.168.1.1

m0n0wall 2b3:
  WAN: 192.168.1.2 Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (disabled private blocking switch)
  LAN: 192.168.2.1
  Rules: open ANYTHING IN and OUT (for testing purposes...)

Hub subnet: 192.168.2.0/24

VNC: recent free version

PC2 is a normal XP PC, with VNC server
PC1 is the accessing PC, with VNC accessing PC2

So I set up a static route in the router, pointing any traffic from 192.168.1.0 with destination to
192.168.2.0 using m0n0walls IP as route. So from PC1 I can ping PC2 and reverse.
To my understanding this configuration should enable me to access PC2 from PC1 via VNC???
Well it does not work. If I look into the logs, I see the initiating traffic, and the reverse one.
But what I do not understand is, that the first package from PC2 back to PC1 is marked all green,
and the next 2 ones are marked red/blocked. Except for the difference in red/green the lines read
exacty the same :-(((

For the records: It works all fine, if I set both PCs in the same subnet (including changes to Ip
settings) and if I switch PC1 and PC2. So it seems to have something to do with the LAN/WAN
interface on m0n0wall?
I didn't change anything on the NAT settings, or such?

I'm doing this, because I have an old Laptop running win98, with WLAN, which I want to have WinXP on
via VNC in the internal protected subnet. And as the zyxel is my only WLAN access point AND DSL
access, I can't break up the configuration without investing money...

Hope someone can give me a clue on this
Thanks
Marco

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB kostenlosem Speicher