[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Uwe Renner" <urenner at r dash plex dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0 with static WAN not able to pass thru (private) FLI4L syslogs
 Date:  Wed, 25 May 2005 13:18:49 +0200
My configuration:

1.27beta

LAN 10.1.1.100/24
OPT1(WLAN) 192.168.0.1/24 (only acting on VPN-Port)
WAN static 10.2.1.1/24 using a FLI4L DSL-box on 10.2.1.100
OpenVPN on 172.16.1.1

The reason for still using my good old FLI4L box is simply that I really
need the ISDN telephony features telling incoming calls and stuff.

Everything wirks fine, even controlling the FLI4L via imonc is working
thanks to NAT.

My only problem is that I'm trying to send some syslog messages to a
linux box at 10.1.1.x

Althoug I already opened m0n0 for private nets (by disabling the "block
private networks" option) I still see those Firewall Log entries coming
from this rule:

@8 block in log quick on sis1 from 10.0.0.0/8 to any

Even inserting a rule for inbound NAT by forwarding port 514 to the linux
box' port 514 does not work, still the rule above hits first.

Of course I could take the FLI4L inside my LAN and connect to DSL via
m0n0 directly but I'd like to understand this thing!

Thanks in advance
Uwe
Uwe Renner <urenner at r dash plex dot com>
r-plex GmbH, http://www.r-plex.com

Tel. 07157-520820, Fax  07157-520821