[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Azzarello <lee dot azzarello at ps dash solved dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SIP protocol madness
 Date:  Wed, 25 May 2005 09:50:24 -0400
On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 14:34 +1200, William wrote:
> I've had some difficulty finding a firewall (aside from Cisco PIX) that
> fixes up SIP packets traversing NAT.

I'm using m0n0 as the standard firewall/traffic shaper for Asterisk
installations with SIP telephones. Both Asterisk and the telephones I'm
working with have internal functions to rewrite the SIP headers to get
through NAT. I haven't had to touch anything in the m0n0 configuration.
Are there some telephones which won't rewrite their headers to
accomodate NAT? It seems that the mythical SBC that many companies sell
for a bazillion dollars aren't doing much more than this.

-lee