[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Vonage recommendations
 Date:  Wed, 25 May 2005 23:14:02 +0100
> Only problem is that monowall does not support TFTP through
> NAT (unless it's 1:1). You'll find it hard getting tftp
> updates. I'm still trying to find somebody to make that fix
> to monowall (NATD maybe or something).

Interesting. I've not had any experience with Vonage, but I have recently
installed a few Grandstream devices behind m0n0wall both at home and at a
client's site (GXP2000 and HT486). TFTP updates from the grandstream TFTP
server seem to have all gone fine. I don't know if Grandstream have modified
the TFTP server at their end to make it NAT friendly (I know very little
about tftp and how it works), but it definitely seems to have updated the
firmware quite happily on all devices.

FWIW, none of these devices have a public IP - they're all natted.

As an aside, I've no experience with Vonage, but I know they've just opened
operations on this side of the pond. Anyone know if they support IAX?

Regards,

Chris