[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'m0n0wall list'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Vonage recommendations
 Date:  Wed, 25 May 2005 19:19:23 -0400
Dave Warren wrote:
> Christian Oswald wrote:
>
>> Only problem is that monowall does not support TFTP through NAT
>> (unless it's 1:1). You'll find it hard getting tftp updates. I'm
>> still trying to find somebody to make that fix to monowall (NATD
>> maybe or something). Like I said, I'm willing to pay someone for
the
>> fix.
>>

> I can't confirm this here -- Vonage devices configure themselves
using
> TFTP, both my Vonage ATAs have been able to download updates from
> behind my m0n0wall box.
>
> I can confirm this because I have added an additional line to two of
> my Vonage boxes and in both cases, rebooting the ATA was enough to
> let the ATA download the latest configuration file.

I believe that the ATA will connect to Vonage (or insert VoIP provider
here) just like any other LAN client could with a tftp client. If
Vonage is trying to "Push" an update down to the ATA it will not work.
But the ATA "Pulling" the update from Vonage (thru m0n0wall) would
seem to work fine.

James W. McKeand