I'm having some problems with my m0n0wall setup. This is a very strange
occurance and I'll try to be concise in my explaination of what is going on.
1. I have a class C network at 18.104.22.168.
2. The class C network is split in half at the router so that all
traffic bound for 22.214.171.124-128 will be routed directly from the
router...or, those machines are directly connected to the router. All
traffic bound for 126.96.36.199-254 will be routed through my m0n0wall
firewall and into my non-routeable 10.0.0.0 DMZ.
3. My firewall uses 1:1 natting. For example, my website is at
188.8.131.52, which is routed through the firewall first. Well in my
1:1 natting, the outside ip of 184.108.40.206 nats to 10.0.0.140.
4. For testing purposes...all rules on all interfaces are set to allow
all traffic through so we are not dealing with a rules issue. At least I
don't think we are.
5. Now for the wierd part. When someone from outside goes to
www.informs.com, which has the outside ip of 220.127.116.11, my website
within my DMZ with an IP of 10.0.0.140 comes up just fine. But when
someone on the LAN interface goes to www.informs.com or 18.104.22.168,
the page times out and never comes up. Now someone can go straight to
10.0.0.140 from the LAN interface and that brings up the website just
fine, it's only when they try and hit the outside IP that it stops working.
6. I did a tracert from the LAN and the trace appears to stop at the
router that connects us to our ISP.
I have been unable to solve this issue for a while now. I'm not really
sure what I'm missing.
I would apprecate any advise.