[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  M0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] USB ADSL Modems
 Date:  Thu, 26 May 2005 14:34:51 -0400 (EDT)
I also am looking forward to USB support someday....

> On 5/26/05, Gary Barclay <badimba at gmail dot com> wrote:
>> Can m0n0wall work directly with an USB ADSL modem?
>
> No, only Ethernet modems.  Though your ISP only provides USB, they
> probably support plenty of Ethernet models and they're typically cheap
> to get a hold of (ebay).

My issue is that my ISP (cable company) actually willingly
supports issuance of two IPs, one to the Ethernet and one to USB.

The one known way to take advantage of this
(having an extra IP address outside the network)....
is to use Windows - (and that's a real moral test... :-)

Thanks
Seth