[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Cotter" <andrew dot cotter at somersetcapital dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Server Load Balancing/failover with m0n0
 Date:  Thu, 26 May 2005 17:03:30 -0400
If you don't want a single point of failure, then two load balancers would
be required.  For simple web serving pen would work fine.    If you are
running applications that require always pointing to the same box, pen will
not work in a failover situation.  Pen stores it's client-to-server map in
memory if I am correct.  That means that if one of the boxes goes down and
you are/were connected to an app on the other side, the new loadbalancer
might or might not point you to the same location.

Andrew