[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Craig Williams <sleet71 dash m0n0wall at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall worked with SBC DSL, doesn't with Comcast Cable
 Date:  Thu, 26 May 2005 16:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
I'm in the process of switching from SBC DSL to Comcast Cable internet.
Got the Comcast up and running on a single PC.
Changed m0n0wall from PPPoE to DHCP, and entered the MAC from the PC I did the setup on. The WAN
interface gets an address, but I'm not able to reach the internet.
Rebooted both m0n0wall and the cable modem a LOT.
Tried setting the hostname too. Also did a factory reset on the SB5100, and left it powered off for
5 minutes so it would "forget" the MAC from the setup, and then configuring m0n0wall to not fake the
MAC. Just can't get it to work.

Now when I configure my DLink 524 to do DHCP and plug the cable modems ethernet into the WAN port
there, everying it just fine.

Are there any tips/tricks getting m0n0wall to work with DHCP/cable versus of PPPoe?