[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall worked with SBC DSL, doesn't with Comcast Cable
 Date:  Fri, 27 May 2005 09:34:26 -0400
Craig Williams wrote:
> Wow Jim, I'm aware of all that. The "big-I-Internet" huh?
> MAC address has been cloned (stated earlier)
>
> m0n0wall WAN: 67.184.149.158/21
> m0n0wall LAN: 192.168.1.254/24

I hate to ask a stupid question, but when you run a ping from the
m0n0wall are you pinging a FQDN or an IP address? If you are pinging a
FQDN are you getting a could not resolve error? It couldn't be
Comcast's DNS servers - they never have problems with DNS (note:
sarcastic tone of voice)

James W. McKeand