[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  Chris Bagnall <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] USB ADSL Modems
 Date:  Fri, 27 May 2005 14:56:27 +0100
Chris,

>You might want to consider the low-cost Dlink DSL-300T ADSL modem. It has an
>ethernet presentation that'll feed quite happily into m0n0wall.
>
>If you're in the UK or anywhere else using PPPoA (rather than PPPoE) there
>are a couple of caveats to be aware of with ADSL.
You should be able to use PPPoE in the UK !!!  I've been using it for at
least 3 months (probably more like 6).  Apparently BT enabled it on the
exchanges last summer IIRC.

It was the only way I could get my router to act as a full bridge - it
didn't want to play at all in PPPoA mode !!!

HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil A. Hillard                E-Mail:   neil at dana dot org dot uk
                               Web:      http://www.dana.org.uk/