[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Simon Kuhn <sak8 at eecs dot cwru dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  nge interface selection
 Date:  Fri, 27 May 2005 11:59:14 -0400
Hello,

I have a Netgear GA621 fiber optic gigabit card that I'd like to get
working with m0n0wall if possible. I'm pretty sure that it's
supported by FreeBSD's nge driver. m0n0wall 1.11 doesn't recognize
it, but 1.2b7 does seem to according to the system boot messages. It
then causes a fault (this is apparently a FreeBSD 5.3 thing). So I
then tried 1.2b3, which seems to work so far.

In order to get it to use the interface, I have to modify config.xml
to use nge0 as the WAN interface.

However, there seems to be one last issue. The media type is set to
1000baseSX half-duplex, and it should be full-duplex. I'm not really
sure how to have m0n0wall force the media type since there's not
really any shell access. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Simon