[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 To:  <sleet71 dash m0n0wall at yahoo dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall worked with SBC DSL, doesn't with Comcast Cable
 Date:  Fri, 27 May 2005 01:16:05 -0400
Cable modem: not sure - does it even get an address? SB5100 has a status
page at, but I'm not able to browse that when it is on the
outside edge of the m0n0wall.

The modem itself does get an address, but not one that you will ever
see.  It's got a management IP (usually in the 10.x range) that is
hidden by the CMTS system.  When you call support, they can get to the
same status page you see (actually, a more thorough one) by hitting that
management address.

That aside - the fact that you can't browse to the modem's status page
through the m0n0 is suspicious to me, because I have the same modem and
have no problem hitting the status through my soekris box.

Are you 100% sure that you need to be cloning the MAC?  I have Adelphia
and I don't have to.  It's better to avoid it unless you've got explicit
reason for it...