[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 To:  <sleet71 dash m0n0wall at yahoo dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall worked with SBC DSL, doesn't with Comcast Cable
 Date:  Fri, 27 May 2005 01:16:05 -0400
[
Cable modem: not sure - does it even get an address? SB5100 has a status
page at 192.168.100.1, but I'm not able to browse that when it is on the
outside edge of the m0n0wall.
]

The modem itself does get an address, but not one that you will ever
see.  It's got a management IP (usually in the 10.x range) that is
hidden by the CMTS system.  When you call support, they can get to the
same status page you see (actually, a more thorough one) by hitting that
management address.

That aside - the fact that you can't browse to the modem's status page
through the m0n0 is suspicious to me, because I have the same modem and
have no problem hitting the status through my soekris box.

Are you 100% sure that you need to be cloning the MAC?  I have Adelphia
and I don't have to.  It's better to avoid it unless you've got explicit
reason for it...