[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Hawkins" <hawkos at tpg dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  ISP only offers Dynamic IP. Plleeaassee Heellpp!!!!
 Date:  Mon, 30 May 2005 00:06:02 +1000
Hello to all fellow m0n0wall users.  First of all, thank you Chris Buechler
for a wonderfully written program.  My name is Adam and I am having great
amounts of trouble setting up m0n0wall.  I have been running a small network
with 6 pc's and a host via a HUB and an ADSL modem for WAN access.  I have
configured an old PC to run m0n0wall and it boots up fine from HDD.  It is
set at 192.168.1.35

My ISP only offers me a dynamic IP which obviously changes from time to
time.  I can access the Web GUI configuration screen for m0n0wall without
any problems however, I CANNOT access the WAN or the internet from the LAN.
When I check for interfaces, m0n0wall states that the WAN is DOWN.  Is there
something that I am missing here???

|------------------------------|

m0n0wall:192.168.1.35   |

Internet------ADSL(Dynamic IP)-------|------ (WAN)                      |
|----------------------|

(LAN)----------------|-----------------------------|  HUB (x5 ports)
|------Main PC=192.168.1.4

(OPT1-Wireless)-----|--------Not used yet.

I am trying to get m0n0wall to access my ADSL modem and then ultimately the
internet but am having difficulty.  I have pinged all known address and get
nothing but timeouts.  Yes I know that I am a networking GIMP but any help
would be appreciated.

Regards.

Adam.