[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Blake <bmagic at cccwireless dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Just a small request
 Date:  Mon, 30 May 2005 14:51:26 -0500
Here is the deal..

I have a socres board with a flash card with two mini pci cards CM9-d
cards.  m0n0wall will not allow me to bridge all three NICs (two
wireless and one ethernet). You see I do not want each radio to do any
IP- Level traffic shaping or filtering. I don't want the radio to DHCP
or anything. I already have all that setup on a wired network. I want my
wired network to transmit out these radios with a backhaul without the
radio's having to translate IP's. I want to be able to connect to a
radio that is three radio's away from the internet source and pull an IP
address from a wire network 3 radios away!

Is that possible?

internet/DHCP <---lan---->     <Wireless B>  <Wireless A backhaul>
<--------------->  <Wireless A Backhaul><Wireless B><Wireless A
Backhaul> <----><Wireless A Backhaul><Wireless B><Wireless A Backhaul>