[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to install wifi on WRAP
 Date:  Mon, 30 May 2005 21:18:39 -0400
On 5/30/05, Villemin Marc <marc dot p dot villemin at wanadoo dot fr> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a big problem, i have installed m0n0wall on WRAP and my WRAP has a mini-pci card for wifi .
I want to configure wifi on m0n0wall but i need to install the driver (ipw2200) for Wifi but i don't
know how to do that ( there is nothing in the documentation and the boot from the network is
impossible on WRAP because it is impossible to boot without Compact Flash).

I believe that driver only exists in -CURRENT, so you would need to
build a FreeBSD -CURRENT box and build your own image.  Not an easy
task, since the kernel patches would need to be modified appropriately
to make sure everything works properly, and you could easily run into
road blocks along the way.  You could (sort of) follow this.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook-current/image-guide.html

-Chris