[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Dugas" <paul at dugas dot cc>
 Subject:  ICMP Redirects
 Date:  Mon, 30 May 2005 23:43:59 -0400 (EDT)
Read some earlier posts about this but nothing that tells me whether this
is by design or not so I figure I'd bring it up again.

I have m0n0 1.2b8 setup as my default gateway from the LAN.  I have a few
static routes that point to an exsisting VPN router on the LAN interface.
If a machine on the LAN interface pings one of the hosts on the remote VPN
network, the m0n0 box is generating the ICMP Redirects and the pings go
through and retun successfully.  If I try something other than ICMP (i.e.
ssh, http, ftp), I am not receiving the redirects.

Is this by design?  If so, why ICMP and not IP?  If not, is there a fix?
Where have I gone awry?

Much thanks in advance,

Paul

--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas dot cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park