Howdy, I've been using m0n0wall for quite some time now, and have
never had any problems. I had been using b7 without any problems on an
old AMD k6-2 350 on an Asus P2B with 128 MBs of RAM and an old hard
When I install b8, I can no longer get an IP address from my ISP.
m0n0wall lists 0.0.0.0 for the IP, lets me release and renew, and says
the status is ip, but no IP. I see DHCP timeouts in the log and the
interface seems to be sending and receiving traffic. Both my NICs use
the rl driver and show up as rl0 (LAN) and rl1 (WAN)
I did a little investigating, and turning off MAC spoofing on the WAN
interface seemed to resolve the problem with b8. I have no idea what
it is, but that solved my problem. It wasn't a problem with the MAC
not being spoofed, because I should then still have received an
address, but an un-routable one.